Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Drew is Six

I haven't been able to post blogs in a while, so this one has been sitting there waiting to be posted since June.


I know I am a little late in posting this but, last month Drew turned 6, and finished kindergarten!! That is a pretty big month in the life of a little boy. We just had his 6 year checkup with Dr. Fikkert today and got conformation that is his very tall and skinny. I think the term "bean pole" was actually used, which may or may not have brought back some memories for me. He is 4'1" and weighs 49.6 lbs (no wonder I can barely carry him upstairs when he falls asleep on the couch!!)

Here are a few pictures taken by my very talented friend, Melanie Timmons @ www.melaniemtimmonsphotography.com.

He had a great year at school this year, and is looking forward to 1st grade (although he thinks he should skip 1st and go straight to 2nd grade). This should be a fun filled Summer for him with VBS, Camp Thurman (this is his first year), family vacation, and another day camp I signed him up for. Hopefully that will keep me from having to hear "I'm bored" all Summer.

No comments: