Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Counting My Blessings

Update: 08-03-09
I just thought you all might like to know that Stellan went home from the hospital today. He is off all IV meds and onto oral medication and has been SVT free for several days. God is GOOD.

I know that usually this blog is pretty light and fluffy. Mostly just pictures of my sweet boys having fun. But I have to take a break from that for a minute.


Prayers for Stellan


For the last several months I (an thousands of people, literally, around the world) have been keeping up with another blog, written by a mommy with a very sick baby boy, named Stellan. You may have seen me reference him on Facebook, usually just saying that I am praying for, or reading about him. This little 9 month old boy has captured my heart. He is just a month younger than my sweet Cooper so I have cried many times just trying to imagine what this family, and that little guy is going through. It has made me hug my boys a little tighter everyday and thank God that they are healthy and happy kids. Stellan's family is extremely strong, and have a faith so strong that I am in awe of them. They placed their baby in God's hands completely before he was even born, and they are still trusting totally on God. Knowing that Stellan my never know healing on this Earth, but he will in Heaven. They don't claim to understand the purpose in this suffering, but they know it is all a part of God's plan. I hate to admit it, but I am not sure I could be that strong in the face of my little boys suffering. I hope I could, but I pray that I never have to find out.

If you go to the blog, look back at older post... this little boy looks like any other baby, chubby and happy. He has 3 older siblings that love him, and want their baby brother to come home from this most recent hospital stay. Please also take a minute to pray for Stellan, and his family.

This break from the light and fluffiness is over for now. I just felt the need to pass this little boys story along. You can read the details on the blog if you want to, I just couldn't do it all justice on my own.

No comments: