Friday, March 6, 2009

With the Flip of a Switch

UPDATE: Cooper had his appointment yesterday and the doctor said he looks great! He really showed off for her and even rolled from his tummy to his back. Of course that was right after she asked me if he could do it and I told her "no"! He already has a stubborn streak. He even started to put some weight on his legs while we were there.

Not to be outdone, while the doctor was examining Cooper, Drew started to sing his ABC's... she was pretty impressed. We even showed her how he knew what each letter "says". So both of my boys are showoffs for pretty female doctors.


As many of you know, Cooper has not been holding his head up during tummy time. At his 4 month appointment his wonderful pediatrician said that if we wasn't making progress by 5 months to bring him back in. On Tuesday of this week I made the appointment, for today (Friday). Last night at my parents house rolled him over to his tummy, and he did what he always does and just laid there. But after a few minutes he started to lift his head and shoulders, and even push up a little on his arms. We were amazed, it was like someone flipped a switch and he figured out what to do. I tested it again this morning and he did even better. Here are a few pictures.

This is from last night at my parents house


This one is from this morning...
it is a little blurry because he was moving.


Big brother showing him how it is done

We are going to keep the appointment with the doctor, I just hope he shows off for her. I will try to give an update on how he is doing soon. Even if he is a little behind physically, he is such a good sweet baby. What a blessing my 2 boys are.

2 comments:

Adrien P Maroney said...

I'm am so happy for the little guy. Congratulaions on your milestone:)

Anonymous said...

Big, smart brains are hardest to lift ;)