Monday, September 10, 2007

Party Under the Stars!

Andy and I had the opportunity (thanks to WBAP) to go to an event at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas this weekend. The event was a fundraiser to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters. I knew when we first heard about the event that Brendon Morrow of the Dallas Stars was scheduled to be there, but I was giddy when we saw how many of the Stars players showed up. The table right next to us included Marty Turco, Mike Smith (Turco's backup), Stu Barnes, Stephane Robidas, Brenden Morrow, Junior Lessard, and Philippe Boucher, and a bunch of what I assume to be new players because I didn't recognise a bunch of them. I was like a kid at Christmas! I was amazed that they were all just sitting at the table next to us, in the back! I guess it was the closest table to the open bar. Morrow showed great leadership skills by making a few bar runs for his teammates.

This picture is me with Philippe Boucher and Stephane Robidas. I wish I had been a little more brave about asking for pictures, but I didn't want to intrude. These two were just standing around talking when I asked for this one. Mike Madono was also there, but he was just signing autographs at a table upstairs. I did see him walk out with Willa Ford (his new wife). Part of the fund raising included an autograph session with the players. Andy and I both got several autographs... it was for the kids after all.


The last picture is of me hooked up to the Oxygen Bar they had there. There are several scents mixed with oxygen that are suppose to be good for you. I tried out the ones for focus, hunger control, and memory recall, but I can't remember what scents those were. We had a great time. Hopefully Andy will keep advertising with WBAP so we will be invited back to this event next year.

My parents didn't have as good of a time babysitting for us that night... Andy and I accidentally set the house alarm while they were taking Drew to dinner. So when they got home they set it off... twice! Yes the police came, and told them they need to get the code from us. They have it now. SORRY Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

D said...

I love that you breathed the oxygen for "memory recall" but can't remember what scent it was.

I'm guessing it must not have worked!

;)

Tammy said...

Kim,
Sounds like a lot of fun, and what a bunch of hotties there! You looked beautiful! Bet Drew had fun seeing the policeman. At least he's not old enough to go to school and tell his teacher that the police came to his house this weekend:)