Thursday, September 6, 2007

Busy Week

This has been a very busy week. Drew started school on Tuesday! He goes to FUMC in Mansfield, and absolutely loves it. He runs right into his classroom and starts to play in the mornings, he even wants to carry is own backpack and nap mat in to the room. He doesn't like leaving in the afternoon. He had a total meltdown on Tuesday when we were trying to leave. I think this will be really good for him, I know it is really good for me!

We also had the decorators here on Wednesday. They are about 90% complete. I have added a few pictures, but they really don't do it justice. We love everything they have done, but it will take some getting use to the living room layout. Evidently the "traffic flow" will be better this way. We have decided to give it a few weeks, before we change anything. I think the dining room is my favorite part. I am really not sure I am mature enough to have nice stuff like this, but maybe I will grow into it. :)

Of course while they were here they found another problem. We have a leak of some sort in our breakfast area. The wall is so soggy (we got a bunch of rain on Tuesday night) that they couldn't get the anchors for the new drapes to stay in the wall. So we have to get that repaired before they can finish. The contractor is on his way now to look at that... is initial advise was "MOVE", but we have put too much into it at this point. He has know the Milliorn family for years so I think he was kidding (I hope).


We still don't have the brick completely finished, but at least the concrete has been poured. All they have left is one pillar beside the garage, and the acid wash to bring the color out. I am sure it would only take an hour or 2, but getting them out here is the hardest part. I have just been told they should be here this afternoon... so I am crossing my fingers.

1 comment:

jmmilliorn said...

We like your new page. Very nice design. Keep posting new photos of "the boy" for us.

Thanks,
Mike