Monday, May 18, 2009

The Actual Birthday

Now for Drew's actual birthday.  We started the day by letting Drew open one small present. Then it was off to the doughnut shop!  At his preschool you get to bring a special snack to celebrate your birthday, so Drew wanted to bring doughnuts.  He was really excited... he always loves it when it is his turn to bring the snack.  As another special treat, I brought him McDonald's for lunch that day.  I felt a little bad that he had to go to school on is birthday.  You see, my birthday is so close to Christmas that I never had to go to school on my birthday. So that thought to me is just terrible.  I think Drew really loved it.  Once we ate lunch, I took him home so he could get a good nap at home.  Daddy got to come home a little early that day, and was there when Drew woke up from his nap.  I think that in itself was a gift to Drew.  We let him open a few gifts before dinner too.  

This is Drew opening a Star Wars card that had music.  He loves those cards.
After that it was time to head out to dinner.  Drew had picked Red Robin for his special dinner. My parents meet us there too.   Drew had started to get a bit of a cold so he really didn't eat much food.  He didn't even touch the ice cream sundae they brought him.  


I think he got a little nervous when they were singing to him.
Next it was back to our house.  He had Drew ride with Grandpa so that we could get his main present ready.  So Grandpa and Drew went to their house to pick up the homemade ice cream my mom had prepared, while we headed to our house.  


Drew and Grandpa waiting on the main gift.


Finally we told him he could look.  I think it took a minute to sink in. 
Then he finally got to put on his helmet, go outside, and ride his first big boy bike.  At first he was a little scared of it, and he thought it was a little too hard to do.  At one point he wanted his old bike back, but he really loves it now.

Drew on his new bike.

In this one you can tell he just isn't feeling well. 

Between the Pump it Up party and his actual birthday we had a celebration with Andy's family for Drew's birthday as well as his cousin Brenna's birthday.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera. Granddad did send me some but I have not been able to go through those yet, so that will have to be for another post on another day.  

No comments: